What is the Additional Support Offer for New Headteachers (ASO)?
The Additional Support Offer for New Headteachers is a targeted package of support for Headteachers in their first two years of Headship. This is fully funded for all eligible participants.
The programme builds upon the NPQH framework, allowing Headteachers to explore and apply leadership challenges in greater depth whilst putting their learning immediately into practice at school.
The package of support includes:
- a personal 360 leadership profile at both the beginning and end to inform a personalised learning journey
- access to extensive self- led learning content
- participation in locally delivered peer support networks
- the opportunity to work with an expert group coach throughout.
Why complete it with the Church of England?
The Church of England offers the opportunity to personalise your learning journey. We recognise that your time as a new Headteacher is precious and we will ensure you only spend time extending the learning that enables you to be a better school leader.
By building on our core learning principles and drawing upon the Church of England Vision for Education for inspiration, you will be offered a space and the tools to build peer networks that will sustain you throughout your career.
What support will I receive?
Our support package is structured around 5 learning cycles which are completed across at least three academic terms.
Within each learning cycle, Headteachers will access self led- learning, face to face peer support networks, and also work in a small coaching group.
The focus throughout is on going deeper, applying further, and building sustaining and life giving networks that offer support during the programme and beyond.
For further information see the Additional Support Offer Overview
Who is eligible to take part?
You are eligible for this targeted support package if you meet the following criteria:
- are in your first 24 months of headship
- work in a state-funded school in England upon starting the training
- have either completed an NPQH before taking up your first headship post or are currently taking the NPQH
- have not withdrawn from the additional support programme previously
All places on this programme are funded by the Department for Education at a cost of £800 per participant. See more on funding here
Upcoming Deadline for Applications:
The deadline for the November 2021 cohort is 22nd October 2021.
On 17th September 2021, Emily Norman and Matthew Welton will host a Find Out More webinar at 4:00pm to answer any questions you might have.
You can register your interest by following the link below.