Resources for ongoing conversations with school leaders about inclusion, exclusions, behaviour management and the factors which impact upon pupils' self-regulation in the classroom.
The first step in managing behaviour is to 'know and understand your pupils and their influences' (EEF Toolkit, 2019). Factors which have been proven to have an impact upon pupils' behaviour are:
- Trauma - see how we are working with key organisations to become more trauma informed here
- Poverty - see the work of TLG (Transforming Lives for Good), The Difference and the Children's Society
- Child Protection - in particular, care-experienced children and Young Carers
- County Lines/ Modern Slavery - see the work of The Clewer Initiative and Stop the Traffik
- Grief/ Bereavement - see the UK Trauma Council's Traumatic Bereavement resources