What is an NPQ
Accredited by the Department for Education (DfE), National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are a nationally recognised suite of qualifications for teachers and school leaders at all levels; from those who want to develop expertise in high quality teaching practice, to those leading multiple schools across a trust or other group of schools.
Teachers and leaders employed in state funded schools and state funded organisations including those that offer 16-19 places in England will be able to access a fully funded NPQ, to support teachers and pupils following the disruption to learning faced as a result of COVID-19.
You can read more about our fully funded NPQs and EHCO here
Why should I do an NPQ?
In undertaking an NPQ you will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from a rich curriculum based on evidence-based practice
- Be able to transfer your learning as and when you change schools
- Complete your learning in a flexible way- both virtually and in regional face to face groups
In addition, the revised suite of NPQs has been refreshed to reduce the workload burden on teachers and school leaders, while still enabling you to develop and apply your knowledge, skills and understanding both to your current school, and to other contexts.
Why complete your NPQ with the Church of England?
Completing your NPQ with the Church of England (in partnership with the Catholic Education Service) will give you the added benefits of:
- Small group expert coaching for every leader on every programme, in partnership with Chartered College of Teaching and Leadership Matters
- Learning alongside peers with shared commitment to vision-driven education (including focus on rural and small schools)
- Expert facilitators from high-performing MATs/schools, Teaching School Hubs supported by leading academics bringing the research base alive
- Support for your wellbeing and personal growth through our extensive Peer Support Networks, and Diocesan Education teams
Our mission is to develop school leaders to be Called to a lifegiving vocation, Connected to a thriving learning community, and Committed to evidence-informed excellence in education.