The Archbishops' Young Leaders Award (AYLA) is a fully resourced leadership and character education programme designed to be delivered by teaching staff within the classroom. Available at KS1 through to Post 16. The YLA has strong links to SMSC, British Values, PSHE, Character Education, Citizenship, RE and SIAMS.
During the AYLA, young people will:
- Explore the concept of leadership
- Investigate the stories and impact of great leaders in society
- Consider the importance of serving others
- Examine how to bring transformation to communities
- Take action to ‘be the change you want to see’