MAT Peer Review
The Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership (CEFEL) is now in the position to offer this peer review opportunity to its first two cohorts of MATs.
A MAT Peer Review is an opportunity for a Trust Board to gain an external perspective on a chosen focused area of their MAT improvement plan.
Rationale and Overview
We successfully piloted an approach to Multi Academy Trust (MAT) Peer Review with a small group of MATs in 2021-22. This was driven by the need expressed by its member MATs. Those involved in the pilot varied in size, context and make up, and were spread across the country.
Having evaluated and learned from the pilot stage, The Foundation is now in the position to offer this peer review opportunity to its first two cohorts of MATs:
Training commences Summer Term 2023, Review Process begins Autumn Term 2023
Training commences Autumn Term 2023, Review Process begins Spring Term 2023
As part of the pilot the impact was carefully monitored and feedback from the MATs and CEOs involved has been positive with reporting indicating that the process was beneficial to both the host and the reviewing parties. Remarks made included:
• ‘Insightful manner and respectful yet probing analysis’
• ‘A truly beneficial review’
• ‘The report will give us the external quality assurance to build on our successes as we evolve’
• ‘The links made with the other Trust will enable meaningful, ongoing, work on areas that each team wish to develop further’
• ‘This has been an amazing opportunity for both Trusts’
There are more insights in the PDF below.
The cost to take part in Cohorts 1 or 2 is £3500+ vat per MAT, which includes:
• Individual support in on-boarding into the process
• Tailored allocation of partners
• On-going remote advice and administrative support throughout pre, review & post stages
• Bespoke training for those MATs taking part in the Review Process delivered by expert practitioners – 2 x 0.5 day remote sessions
• Face to Face specialist reviewer training delivered by expert practitioners – 1 day
• Access to the framework and other supporting materials
• External Quality Assurance of the process and the final written report
For more details, and to commit your MAT to being part of these cohorts, please contact
National MAT Partnerships Lead